Tesla stock closes sixth-straight week of gains amid recalls, Ford fares through EV battery issues
DAVE BRIGGS: All
right, let’s take
- Tesla stock closes sixth-straight week of gains amid recalls, Ford fares through EV battery issues2:26
- Stay Informed: Key Real Estate Report & Important Earnings to Watch in the Week Ahead1:25
- Corporate earnings, economic data to watch next week1:22
- Interest in Formula 1 is ‘helping all of motor sports,’ including NASCAR: Daytona Speedway president4:47
- Amazon CEO Andy Jassy calls employees back to the office in company email4:22
- Increasingly more Americans are turning to TikTok creators for financial, tax advice2:43
- Zoox robotaxi tackling ‘two-headed situation’ of self-driving safety, unpredictability: CEO6:09
- Rihanna’s song streams, beauty line purchases surge following Super Bowl Halftime Show1:53
- Black Girls Code enables pathways for Black women to ‘embrace current tech marketplace’: Director4:59
- Disney ‘throws a lot of oars in the water’ in investments, acquisitions in other industries: Analyst5:52
- How high the U.S. debt ceiling is expected to grow without congressional resolution3:34
- Coca-Cola cites recession fears are not impacting consumer demand despite price hikes1:34
- Probability of additional Fed rate hikes rise ‘with each successive day of hotter data’: Strategist6:24
|Bid||648.30 x 1100|
|Ask||648.97 x 800|
|Day’s Range||639.60 – 662.91|
|52 Week Range||608.88 – 1,243.49|
|Beta (5Y Monthly)||2.13|
|PE Ratio (TTM)||87.88|
|Earnings Date||Jul 25, 2022 – Jul 29, 2022|
|Forward Dividend & Yield||N/A (N/A)|
|1y Target Est||908.47|
Can you imagine a town without a single Tesla (TSLA) – Get Tesla Inc. Report on the road. Given how prominent they’ve become since Elon Musk first founded the company in 2003, it may seem like something from the long-gone past.
But as first reported by Reuters, one district in northern China is making that a reality this summer.
The district of Beidaihe is banning all Tesla cars from entering its territory for the next two months. It is home to a beach resort in the northern Hebei province, which borders the Bohai Sea coast and is home to some 74 million people.
Why Is This District Banning Teslas?
The reason for the ban is not so much about maintaining a tranquil, car-free coast but the fact that Beidaihe hosts an annual ultra-secretive summit of top Chinese leadership.
The event is always mired in secrecy — particularly from foreign observers. The exact dates are never announced and, each year, some coverage of it emerges only after the summit has already taken place.
“Ostensibly an annual break for [China’s top leaders] to switch off and relax on the long beaches of the fabled northern resort town, it has also become an occasion when the country’s most powerful could spend time glad-handing, logrolling, and tittle-tattling each other, making it the most watched unofficial event in the nation’s political calendar,” journalist William Zheng wrote for the South China Post in 2020.
A Beidaihe Traffic Police Brigade told Reuters that the Tesla ban was instituted due to a matter of “national affairs.”
He did not provide additional information on why Tesla was targeted as opposed to any other foreign car while Tesla, which disbanded its PR team, could not be reached for comment. Categories.